* Bridge the gap between the creative team and the technical team keeping
all the logistics moving forward in a timely manner.
* Great at communicating with people. Keeping the crew motivated and moving. Being able to think on
my feet. Possess the ability and have the experience to see potential roadblocks and avoid them.
* Negotiate the best prices for all production services.
* Create budgets and schedules from treatments, storyboards, and scripts.
* Keep the many line items within the budgetary requirements and schedule.
* Hire and manage the appropriate personnel.
* Procure job specific equipment.
* Secure and manage locations and studios.
* Manage travel and expenses for staff, crew and talent.
I have been working in production management in film, video, and live events for over twenty years. During this period I have been in charge of the intricacies of pre-production and production for clients, bringing in their projects on time and on budget. My unique production skills, that combine an in-depth ‘nuts-and-bolts’ knowledge of all phases of production, along with my knack for negotiating the best prices, is what keeps me in demand. My compassionate can do style of leadership, coupled with consistency in organization, continues to be the benchmarks of my career.
On my way to earning my degree, a BFA in Mass Communications from Herbert H. Lehman College in The Bronx New York, my film career began to take shape. My senior year directorial project, a film about the career of comedian Chris Rush was shown at The Westchester Museum of the Arts and used by the college to lure prospective students to the program.
I then went on to become a professional film editor. My talents for editing grew to be as diverse as my projects. From commercials,
educational films, industrials, music videos, and the award-winning documentary
LAUNCH, to AFTER SCHOOL SPECIALS
for ABC TV, I excelled. I also co-edited feature films
including the cult classic: THE EVIL
DEAD directed by Sam Raimi, and
worked with Academy Award winner Joel Coen at Edna & Friends, Inc. in New York City.
Deciding to make the commitment to work in production, I changed the
course of my career. Over a ten year period, working my way up through the
ranks of production assistant, production manager, assistant director, and line
producer, I acquired invaluable experience in both the studio and on
location. My long list of corporate clients include Fortune 100 companies such as: Dean Witter, Pfizer, Met Life, Xerox and Volkswagen. My foray into the eclectic has brought my low-budget feature film work to the Cannes Film Festival.